Standard Chartered's Acquisition of American Express Bank (B)


IBS CDC IBS CDC IBS CDC IBS CDC RSS Feed
 
Case Studies | Cases in Business, Management, Cases | Case Study

ICMR HOME | Case Studies Collection

Case Details:

Case Code : BSTR350
Case Length : 12 Pages
Period : 2007-2009
Pub Date : 2009
Teaching Note :Not Available
Organization : Standard Chartered Bank / American Express Bank
Industry : Banking / Financial Services
Countries : UK, USA

To download Standard Chartered's Acquisition of American Express Bank (B) case study (Case Code: BSTR350) click on the button below, and select the case from the list of available cases:





Price:

For delivery in electronic format: Rs. 300;
For delivery through courier (within India): Rs. 300 + Rs. 25 for Shipping & Handling Charges

Business Strategy Case Studies
Case Studies Collection
Business Strategy Short Case Studies
View Detailed Pricing Info
How To Order This Case
Business Case Studies
Area Specific Case Studies
Industry Wise Case Studies
Company Wise Case Studies



Please note:

This case study was compiled from published sources, and is intended to be used as a basis for class discussion. It is not intended to illustrate either effective or ineffective handling of a management situation. Nor is it a primary information source.

<< Previous

Excerpts

The Global Private Banking Industry

Private banking referred to banking, investment and other financial services rendered by financial institutions for HNIs. Private banking was often an exclusive service to wealthy individuals who were served by knowledgeable relationship managers...

Standard Chartered Private Bank

In May 2007, StanChart floated SCPB as its subsidiary to handle private banking operations to cater to the growing number of HNIs especially in its stronghold markets - Asia and the Middle East. In the first six months of its operations, SCPB’s assets under management reached US$ 10 billion of which 28% came from 1,300 new clients while the remaining 72% came from the existing client base of StanChart...

Financial Performance of Combined Entity

By the end of 2008, the integration of AEB with SCPB was almost complete. AEB’s major markets were the Americas, Europe and the UK from where it derived 70% of its income in fiscal year 2008. Other major markets included Singapore and Hong Kong which contributed 13% and 10% to its income respectively in 2008...

Looking Ahead

As of mid-2009, StanChart planned to organically grow its private banking operations aggressively in Asia and the Middle East countries. SCPB aimed to be one of the major market players in private banking space and would be using StanChart’s global presence and scale to achieve this end...

Exhibits

Exhibit I: Income Statement of Standard Chartered Bank (2005-08)
Exhibit II: Balance Sheets of Standard Chartered Bank (2005-08)
Exhibit III: Income Statement of Standard Chartered Bank (Six Months Period Ended June 2008 and June 2009)


Case Studies Links:- Case Studies, Short Case Studies, Simplified Case Studies.

Other Case Studies:- Multimedia Case Studies, Cases in Other Languages.

Business Reports Link:- Business Reports.

Books:- Textbooks, Work Books, Case Study Volumes.